Rentschler Field

vision

Building the Community of the Future

Always a launching point for innovation, Rentschler Field was originally the air field of Pratt & Whitney - founded in 1925 by Frederick B. Rentschler. The property has seen countless firsts in aviation history, and served as a training base for such celebrated pilots as Amelia Earhart and Charles Lindbergh.

Now the future is taking flight again at Rentschler Field as the 1,000-acre site is transformed into a center of innovation for technology-based research and development. This will be a dynamic mixed-use community, balancing technology-based work environments with retail, restaurants, schools, a stadium, as well as hotels and residences. The design concept supports green and sustainable building practices wherever possible - protecting natural resources and creating a healthier urban environment.

A joint venture of United Technologies Corporation - parent company of Pratt & Whitney - and The Matos Group, Rentschler Field will be a world-class center for technology-based research and development, attracting top businesses and researchers from across the United States and around the globe.
The original airfield for Pratt & Whitney, Rentschler Field was a training base for such visionary aviation pioneers as Amelia Earhart and Charles Lindbergh.