The 1,000-acre Rentschler Field will encompass up to 7.8 million square feet of new development, featuring a unique mix of business, residential and entertainment components in a vibrant, 24/7 community.
Existing Site Occupants
- The global headquarters of Pratt & Whitney, employing a staff of approximately 13,000.
- United Technologies Research Center, attracting approximately 2,000 employees to the property on a weekly basis.
- The 40,000-seat Rentschler Field Stadium hosts the University of Connecticut football program, as well as major concerts and international events. The Stadium attracts capacity crowds, particularly during the fall football season, and for summer concerts.
New Office and Commercial Opportunities
- Numerous high-tech office opportunities are available.
- Already planned is a facility for the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, a research organization that focuses on strengthening technology-led economic competitiveness.
Retail and Entertainment Opportunites
- A collection of restaurants, destination retail and entertainment establishments will serve Stadium attendees, office workers and residents of the surrounding communities.
- Already planned is a 200,000-sq.-ft. store for a major outdoor merchandise retailer.
- Retail will focus around a 12-acre artificial lake, featuring skating, boating, fishing, restaurants, and a lakeside amphitheater.
Sports & Recreational Opportunities
- In addition to the existing Stadium, an interactive sports complex will feature a domed facility for year-round athletics and an adjacent outdoor soccer field.
- A significant sports-medicine facility will include a fitness center, orthopedic department, MRI, and more.
- Circling the property, a discovery trail for biking and walking will educate visitors about the natural environment and the aviation history of Pratt & Whitney.
- Trails will connect to existing parkland trails on the nearby Connecticut River - providing access to the Adriaen's Landing development and other destinations in Downtown Hartford and Manchester.
- All efforts will be employed to preserve and enhance the site's natural attractions. Thickly forested areas, existing streams and wetlands will flourish.
- An elementary magnet school with a science and technology orientation will serve East Hartford and other surrounding communities.
Hotel & Residential Opportunities
- Hotels at Rentschler Field will accommodate both short-term and long-term stays, including conference facilities.
- Over 1,000 units of high-tech living space will be featured in mid-rise and high-rise buildings - creating a true live-work community.
EXISTING SITE OCCUPANTS
Pratt & Whitney global
University of Connecticut